Thursday, October 29, 2009

Apple Crisp

We go to some local farm stands a lot in the fall to stock up on apples. The other week we had a TON that were a little past their prime for eating raw so I decided to make some apple crisp. If you've never been to allrecipes.com, you should! I always find great recipes on there and the reviews are usually pretty helpful. The recipe I found for apple crisp was DELICIOUS! I'll write up the recipe here and link to it as well.






*I did not take this picture, I'm a terrible food photographer. It was taken by Jessica at allrecipes.com



Ingredients
10 cups all-purpose apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup water

1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, melted



Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degree C).
Place the sliced apples in a 9x13 inch pan. Mix the white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and ground cinnamon together, and sprinkle over apples. Pour water evenly over all.
Combine the oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 45 minutes.



Review


Awesome. Delicious. If you like a ton of crumbs, you might want to make extra. I left the recipe as-is because the last thing my thighs need are extra crumb topping and it was still delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment